Blue Harvest provides sustainable agricultural investment advice and investment opportunities to private- and institutional investors.
Agriculture continues to demonstrate long-term growth and stability across different jurisdiction and sectors.
Investors enter the agricultural investment space for several reasons:
- Looking for security, investing in developed markets providing quality farmland in reliable climatic zones.
- Triple bottom-line approach, where financial, environmental and social factors are in focus. The best use of land is carefully considered, including carbon-farming practices and farmland optimization by integrating ag-tech solutions.
- Long-term growth and stability, with increased total return potential stemming from environmental markets.
- Benefit from stable current income, low-correlation to other asset classes and inflation hedge.
Blue Harvest’s flexible investment platform adjusts to your investment criteria. We strategically
- provide innovative advice and promote state-of-the-art ethical and environmentally sound agriculture related investment opportunities.
- design tailor-made investment portfolios exclusively composed by agricultural- and farm-related assets, ranging from alternative investments (direct investments or Club Deals), to listed equities, or a mix thereof.
- source real-asset farms in mature markets only that are net exporters of agricultural products. In addition, we make sure the farms respect sustainable farming methods, local and international conventions and laws.
- offer a complete range of comprehensive farm management- and advisory services, to ensure the smooth and compliant operation of your farm investment. Our dedicated team and network of agricultural specialists typically provide for
- Research & Due Diligence
- Negotiation, Acquisition & Structuring
- Board Member seats
- Agreements with operational farmers and tenants
- Farm management advice
- Input cost control and upgrade of farms
- Accounting and audit
- Legal advice
- Tax advice
Founded in 2009, Blue Harvest S.A. is an investment advisory firm specialized in agricultural investments, proud of its independence, flexibility and efficiency.
With a highly knowledgeable management- and farm investment advisory team, we strive for excellence, bespoke service, individual solutions and full commitment to our clients.
Local expert teams in our network provide the farm management capabilities and operational support required to run institutional farmland investment programs.
Blue Harvest enjoys a privileged access to off-market sources to strengthen farm- and farmland acquisition pipeline.
Blue Harvest is the proud investment advisor to FarmCompany A/S, a sustainable farmland investment company with the vision to grow, consolidate and create value in its farmland portfolio of high-quality farms and farmland in Denmark.
FarmCompany’s mission is to produce superior quality of food through climate-smart farming practices, while constantly enhancing their environmental- and social responsibility.
For additional information on FarmCompany, please visit website: www.farmcompany.dk
CEO & Founder
Jens is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Blue Harvest S.A. since 2009. Capitalizing on his extensive experience, he provides agricultural- and agribusiness investment advise to investors.
With over 30 years of professional experience, Jens combines hands-on farm operation experience in managing arable- and dairy farms, with high-level executive experience in wealth management, including senior positions at UBS, Merrill Lynch, and BNP Paribas.
COO & CSO
Mia joined Blue Harvest when founded in 2009 and serves as Chief Operating Officer as well as Chief Sustainability Officer.
Benefiting from her past experience and recent studies, Mia provides awareness on how to best integrate ESG (environmental, social and governance) investment criteria through sustainable farming methods.
With over 25 years of experience in accounting, corporate treasury and private banking, she previously held positions at Procter & Gamble, Japan Tobacco International, BNP Paribas and Bank Clariden Leu.
Roberto is the Founder and Managing Director of Valoral Advisors since 2010. The firm is specialized in the global food and agriculture investment space. He has over 20 years of experience as expert in the agriculture and natural resources sector.
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS
More information : www.vsv-asg.ch/en/home
As the central association of asset managers, SAAM – Swiss Association of Asset Managers campaigns for competitive framework conditions in the industry in the future. With 800 asset managers, 850 individual members and over 60 partner members such as banks and experts, SAAM is the professional association in the industry today. With the approval from FINMA (Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority) for the AOOS supervisory organization founded by SAAM, the association will in future be fully dedicated to representing the interests of the industry, which manages a total of around CHF 600 billion.
More information : www.aoos.ch
The AOOS (supervisory organization for asset managers and trustees) was founded with the purpose of operating as a supervisory organization in accordance with Financial Market Supervision Act as a service specifically for asset managers and trustees. The company also aims to operate a self-regulatory organization in accordance with the Money Laundering Act. The AOOS serves the Swiss financial centre and the investor public, who benefit from a competent and efficient AO. The AOOS acts independently.
More information : www.ombudfinance.ch
OFS is a Swiss Foundation dedicated to provide dispute resolution services to affiliated financial institutions, financial service providers, financial advisers and their clients. Its services are available upon request, from clients or from financial service providers. OFS is a public utility tax exempted legal entity subject to supervision by the Swiss Federal Supervision Authority in Bern. OFS was recognised as an official Ombudsman’s Offices by the Federal Department of Finance on 24 June 2020.
More information : www.unpri.org
Blue Harvest is a signatory member of the United Nations – Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI) and follows the 6 principles:
- We will incorporate ESG(*) issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
(* ESG = Environmental, Sustainability & Governance)
Blue Harvest S.A. specifically applies the 5 guidelines set by UN PRI for responsible investment in farmland:
- Promote environmental sustainability.
- Respect labour and human rights.
- Respect existing land and resource rights.
- Uphold high business and ethical standards.
- Report on activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.