Agriculture Division Services
Why Blue Harvest?
More information : www.unpri.org
Blue Harvest S.A. is a signatory of the United Nations – Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI) and it follows the 6 principles:
- We will incorporate ESG(*) issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
(* ESG = Environmental, Sustainability & Governance)
Blue Harvest S.A. specifically applies the 5 guidelines set by UN PRI for responsible investment in farmland:
- Promote environmental sustainability.
- Respect labour and human rights.
- Respect existing land and resource rights.
- Uphold high business and ethical standards.
- Report on activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
More information : www.vsv-asg.ch/en/home
Blue Harvest S.A. is a member of the Swiss Association of Asset Managers (SAAM) and subject to the SAAM Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, which sets the standard for professional and high-quality asset management in Switzerland, approved by the FINMA (Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority).
Sustainable Finance Geneva
More information : www.sfgeneva.org
SFG is an association that establishes Geneva as the center for innovation in sustainable finance by engaging individuals and harnessing collective intelligence.
Created in 2008 by fifteen professionals, SFG now leads the way from Geneva, as the key global platform for sustainable finance. It not only enables an ongoing dialogue between all local organizations and individuals, it also promotes Geneva’s financial Center. Major projects have been successfully completed over the last years, thanks to the strength of its ever-growing network and the remarkable commitment of its members.
Farms generate income and offer stable yields; add diversification benefits to a multi-asset portfolio; have low-correlation to other asset classes and are an excellent inflation hedge.
A farm can be acquired either through a direct- or indirect investment. Blue Harvest will coordinate the acquisition process.
We source farms in mature markets, especially in Denmark and Northern Europe, and only in countries that are net exporters of agricultural products.
We make sure that all farms we propose respect:
- Sustainable farming methods
- Local and international conventions and laws
- Strict animal welfare standards
Blue Harvest offers comprehensive farm management services:
- Accounting and auditing
- Legal issues
- Finding and managing tenants of land and buildings
- Renovation and maintenance services
A dedicated team of agricultural specialists, lawyers, and advisors will ensure the smooth and compliant operation of your farm investment.
Why Denmark ?
Denmark, a politically and financially stable EU country has a strong currency and a robust economy with an AAA S&P rating.
The favorable farming climate, the strong and progressive agriculture tradition and the fact that it is a net exporter of agricultural products add substance to the investment rationale.
Furthermore, land prices have dropped over 40% since the highs of 2008, while new legislation has made it possible for foreigners to purchase farms.
Often, great investment opportunities may lie closer than you imagine.